Luggage transfer & Bags delivery in Lyon
Shipotsu, being a company of Lyon origin, we are mainly anchored in this region. Do you have a business trip or a holiday planned in the Lyon region? Arrival or departure, our luggage services are adapted to your needs. You are in a hurry and don’t have a minute to lose to get to your business meeting, your trade fair, your congress or to go and enjoy your tourist activities? Optimize your time by freeing yourself from your suitcases with our luggage transport solution in Lyon.
Choose the solution that suits you
Manage your mobility needs to your final destination
Choisissez la solution qui vous correspond
Gérez vos besoins de mobilité jusqu’à votre lieu de destination finale
Customize your ride
Check-in from home
Ils nous font confiance
Organisatrice d'événements - Julie.P
Voyageur d'affaires - Lionel.C
Client de confiance - Eric.G
They’re trusting us
Go on with your eyes closed !
We were 5 with 15 big luggage. Shipotsu’s help was very precious. Hyper efficient with smile.
Events organizer - Julie.P
Just awesome !
Be able to get rid off my luggage at the airport to find it later in my hotel… No more business meetings with coercion.
Business traveller - Lionel.C
Really convenient !
An excellent initiative, so useful. How to ensure business travel hands free.
Trusted customer - Eric.G
Lyon, a city increasingly popular with business and leisure travellers
From year to year the capital of Gaul continues to host more and more business travellers who come to attend trade fairs, congresses or simply to meet clients. Moreover, according to the ICCA 2017 ranking, which judges the best performing destinations in terms of hosting international and national association congresses. Lyon is ranked 30th in Europe and 2nd nationally behind Paris.
To begin, we propose a short overview to make your stay in Lyon as pleasant as possible by first introducing you to the different possible arrival places.
Then, the reception areas for trade fairs and congresses, a list of the various 4 & 5 star hotels classified by district, as well as some very comfortable concierge services. Finally, all our recommendations in terms of tourist activities in the region.
The different places of arrival in Lyon.
First, Lyon has 3 major arrival locations :
Saint-Exupéry airport is the second largest airport in France in terms of passengers. Located at more than 25 km from the city, Shipotsu offers you its mobility services to reach the city in a comfortable vehicle with our Private Chauffeur service.
Part Dieu train station : Lyon’s main railway station linking all the other major cities in France via TER trains or the numerous TGV trains coming from and going to Paris. Only this station in Lyon offers a locker service. However, from now on, the Shipotsu mobile luggage deposit service has been set up to improve the stay of travellers in the region. Using a luggage locker upon arrival is almost mandatory, especially when the check-in of your place of reception is scheduled in the middle of the afternoon.
Perrache train station : It was Lyon’s main railway station until the arrival of the TGV which passes through Gare Part Dieu. However, it is still very popular mainly for national travel.
Why use the Shipotsu mobile locker ?
Finally, in the city, it will be very accessible for you to go to your professional or tourist activities by metro, bus, bicycles or on foot. Of course, it is all the more pleasant to do it empty-handed!
Book your luggage transport service to facilitate your arrival at Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport, Gare Part Dieu or Gare Perrache.
Places of events
Moreover, Lyon is a city that is increasingly popular for professional events such as trade fairs, congresses and seminars. The city also regularly hosts many leisure events such as concerts, plays and sports events. In particular, it hosts the semi-finals and the grand final of the women’s football world cup in 2019. We have listed a few places where these events take place:
- Eurexpo : Located in Chassieu, south-east of Lyon, this exhibition centre is the 2nd largest exhibition centre in France after Paris.
- Congress Center : Located at the Cité international in the 6th arrondissement, this centre is able to accommodate more than 19,000 people.
La Sucrière: Exhibition centre with a capacity of more than 2,000 people. Historic building located in the Confluence quays in the 2nd disctrict.
- Halle Tony Garnier: Located in the 7th arrondissement, with its 17,000m² and a capacity of more than 5,000 visitors. This venue hosts various events ranging from congresses to concerts.
- Groupama Stadium: Official football stadium of L’Olympique Lyonnais located in Greater Lyon. It has a capacity of more than 59,000 people. In addition, it hosted the two semi-finals and the grand final of the women’s football world cup in July 2019.
Frequently Ask Questions
The indicated fares when you’re booking are FIXED, no surplus will be asked. Please note that a surplus is applied for night rates. The fares shown are always all taxes included.
You can do it on your online space. Log in to your account, heading my bookings. Choose the reservation you wish to cancel by clicking on the red button You will be fully refunded within a few days. Please note that our cancellations less than 24 hours in advance, you will not be refunded. To modify a reservation, please contact our teams : email@example.com
Through your account, go to the “ Booking history” section then download your document in PDF. When you book your service, you will also receive a receipt for your payment.
Simply enter the contact details of the third party when you book your service. An email will be sent to you and the traveler.
Il suffit simplement de rentrer les coordonnées de la personne tierce lorsque vous réalisez la réservation. Un email sera envoyé au voyageur et à vous-même.
Other questions ?
The reception establishments : Hotels & Airbnb in Lyon
- First district : Located in the heart of the peninsula, this district is the smallest in Lyon. On the other hand being placed towards the place des Terreaux. It remains one of the most lively districts of the city. Moreover we find there the two 4 stars hotels, the Maison Nô and its rooftop as well as the Grand hôtel des Terreaux.
- Second district : Located in the south of the Presqu’île, we find the famous place Bellecour, the street of the republic making of this place a commercial district. There are also large hotels such as the Boscolo, the Silky Hotel, the Carlton Hotel and the Mihôtel residences. But also the Globe and Cecil hotel, the Hotel Alexandra, the Hotel Charlemagne, the Hotel le Royal Lyon.
You have booked a room in a hotel or a reception concierge in the 1st or 2nd arrondissement and you arrive at the de Lyon Part Dieu? These hotels are located an average of 2km from the station.Therefore, instead of making the round trips, why not save time by freeing yourself from your luggage? By using our luggage transfer solution, you save time and comfort.
- Third district : Major district of Lyon, notably with the presence of the Part Dieu shopping centre. This district is a very important economic centre for the agglomeration. Many hotels are located there such as the Radisson Blu and the Apart Hotel Lyon Lumières.
- Fourth district : Located in the north of the 1st district, it covers the Croix-Rousse plateau. It is home to the Hotel Lyon Métropole, which is a 4-star hotel.
Fifth district : It is also one of the flagship districts of Lyon as it includes the famous Colline de Fourvière and the Vieux-Lyon district. Various prestigious hotels are present such as the Cour des Loges, the Villa Florentine or the Fourvière Hotel.
- Sixth district : Very posh and chic district with notably the presence of famous avenues and squares such as the place Maréchal-Lyautez. We also find the north-eastern part of the famous park of the “tête d’or”. Many welcoming establishments are present there such as the Mariott Hotel Cité International, the Okko hotel as well as the Roosevelt hotel.
- Seventh district : The largest district in the city where major events are held, such as the Tony Garnier Hall. But also the Gerland stadium or the Palais des sports de Lyon. Among the hotels present, there is the Novotel Lyon Gerland or the Q7 Lodge Lyon.
- Eighth district : Located between the 3rd and 7th districts, it is home to the Institute of Lights and the church of Saint Maurice. Only a few hotels are located in this area of the agglomeration such as the Appart City Odalys.
- Ninth district : Area located west of the 4th and 7th districts. There are a few well-known districts such as Gorge de Loup or La Duchère. Only hotels from 3 stars upwards are available such as the Hotel Parksaône or the Best Western Saphir.
- Grand Lyon : A territorial collectivity made up of 59 municipalities including the city of Lyon itself. Hotels classified in this category are establishments located outside the districts of Lyon, such as the Hotel Kopster or the Hotel Gatsby.
Would you like to extend your stay by taking advantage of the latest activities on the day of your departure? We make it possible! With Shipotsu’s mobile luggage locker, even after checking out of your host establishment, you will not be burdened with your luggage, especially since our Ship’Driver will bring it to your departure point at the indicated time.
Book your luggage transfer service to facilitate your departure or arrival at one of the Lyonnais host establishments.
Tourist activities and places
In addition to your professional activities, when you are on the move, during your free time or before you leave. Why not take advantage of the city’s activities such as visits to cultural sites, nature walks or discover Lyon’s gastronomy ? Or are you on a leisure stay in Lyon ? Take advantage of all the activities in Lyon.
We have listed the activities to do in Lyon:
- Visit the Vieux-Lyon district
- The Fourvière hill and its Basilica Notre-Dame de Fourvière
- A stroll in the Parc de la tête d’Or
- The Fine Arts Museum of Lyon and the Confluence Museum
- Bellecour and des Terreaux squares
- The Church of Saint-Nizier and the Cathedral of Saint-Jean-Baptiste
Venues for company seminars & congresses
- The Gorneton estate
- The Abbey of Collonges
- World Trade Center Lyon
Cities where our luggage services are available